NEW LONDON MUSIC SOCIETY and WYCOMBE MUSIC SUMMER SCHOOL
The New London Music Society was founded in 1981 by Terence Lovett and held its first residential music course at Wycombe Abbey in 1982. The Society also established a choir and orchestra which gave regular concerts in London and the Home Counties. Following the death of the Founder early in 1993, the Society was pleased to welcome Philip Meaden as Director. In 1999 the Summer School was moved from Wycombe Abbey to Queenswood School and in 2002 reverted to its original name. In 2019, the school will run at a new venue, Downe House School, near Newbury in Berkshire.
The society also runs a string quartet weekend in the Leeds area, usually at Easter time.
The Society is grateful for the continued support of its President, The Earl Howe.
COMMITTEE and ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
- Chair of Trustees: Philip Meaden
- Course Director: Steve Bingham
- Secretary: Steve Walker
- Administrator / Treasurer: Suzanne Meaden
- Members’ Representatives: Lorraine Collins, Ron Kelley, Jacob Ashworth, Euan McCandless, Tessa Crilly
- Librarian: Janice Twiselton
- Registered Nurse: Arlene Brown
- Honorary Members: Spencer Freeman MBE, Peggy Lewis
Photographs: Steve Walker